Tuesday, September 30, 2008

BLADE RUNNER sequel being penned by clueless industry hack




To Travis Wright; KINDLY GO FUCK THYSELF. Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford) is pissed, just look at him.

So EAGLE EYE is #1 with a weekend gross that beat NIGHTS OF RODANTHE and LAKEVIEW TERRACE. Big fucking deal. That hardly qualifies as the credentials necessary to improve a timeless Sci Fi masterpiece (and if you don't plan on improving on it, than don't bother even fucking touching it).

Now here's me quoting I WATCH STUFF, quoting SLASH FILM:

It's apparently being done in association with Blade Runner co-executive producer Bud Yorkin but without prior studio approval. From [Slash]Film:

“I recently attended a Q&A session with one of the writers of ‘Eagle Eye’ after a free screening organized by the magazine Creative Screenwriting. During the Q&A, the writer said that he and whomever it was that helped him co-write the ‘Eagle Eye’ screenplay were in the process of writing a sequel to Blade Runner, and had already contacted the producers of the original, etc., etc.

Wright's co-writer John Glenn has already disavowed himself of the project, which is smart considering everyone will hate whoever does this. It feels like some stranger coming in and trying to re-marry your divorced parent, and then you find out that stranger is writing a screenplay for Blade Runner 2. "Sorry, Mom, but you're marrying an asshole."


I WATCH STUFF writer, I love you. Really, I do.

And I think that might have been my highest count of f-bombs in a post thus far. I really am that upset by this.

1 comment:

Katharine Relth said...

oh come on. This will be horrible.

btw have you seen BAND OF OUTSIDERS? Just watched it and it's fantastic.